per person twin Share
Sri Lanka is one of the few countries with a very vast and rich cultural diversity.
The culture is itself very unique and thereby contributes to the Sri Lankan identity. Sri Lankan culture includes a lot of customs and rituals, which date to more than 2000 years which were handed down from generation to generation. The most prominent feature of the Sri Lankan is its colorful festivals, which is one of the main tourist attractions. Religion plays an important role in molding the Sri Lankan culture and traditions.
Sri Lankan culture if often reflected by the use of art, architecture, sculptures. Some people would say that Sri Lanka has a more conventional culture which is obviously influenced by the prominent religions prevailing the country such as Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, etc. The Sri Lankan way of life is very simple and filled with humility and happiness, this is one of the reasons why the Sri Lankans have a very great sense in appreciating the simple things in life such as nature.
Colombo – Dambulla
Pick up from the Colombo & our representative will welcome you. Upon completion of arrival formalities check into the hotel in Dambulla.
- No Breakfast & Dinner will be served on Day 01
- Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage, Dambulla cave temple
- Visit Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage, Visit Dambulla cave
- Overnight stay in Dambulla
Pinnawela orphanage is placed in Rambukkana, northwest of the city Kegalla, halfway between Colombo and also the ancient royal residence Kandy within the hills of central Sri Lanka. It was established in 1975 by the Sri Lanka wildlife department. This twenty-four acres massive elephant orphanage could be also the breeding place for elephants. The very first elephant baby was born in 1984, and it's the best herd of elephants in captivity within the world
An icon of Sri Lanka, Dambulla Rock Cave Temple houses unique drawings in five magnificently constructed cave temples flanking the golden temple of Dambulla. See beautiful cave paintings along walls that shelter 150 statues of Lord Buddha. As you enter, look straight up to the gigantic Buddha statue glittering in gold
Dambulla – Kandy
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Sigiriya rock fortress, Temple of Tooth
- Climb Sigiriya rock fortress, Visit Temple of Tooth
- Overnight stay in Kandy
Sigiriya or Sinhagiri is an ancient rock fortress located in the northern Matale District near the town of Dambulla in the Central Province, Sri Lanka. The name refers to a site of historical and archaeological significance that is dominated by a massive column of rock nearly 200 meters (660 ft) high.
Sri Dalada Maligawa or the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic is a Buddhist temple in the city of Kandy, Sri Lanka. It is located in the royal palace complex of the former Kingdom of Kandy, which houses the relic of the tooth of the Buddha. Since ancient times, the relic has played an important role in local politics because it is believed that whoever holds the relic holds the governance of the country. Kandy was the last capital of the Sri Lankan kings and is a World Heritage Site mainly due to the temple.
Kandy - Colombo
After breakfast, proceed to Colombo
- Breakfast at the Hotel
- Sightseeing in Kandy
- Visit Silk Factory and the Gem Museum, Shopping in Kandy
Departure transfer to Colombo
- Accommodation 04-star hotels on Bed & Breakfast Basis starting with breakfast on Day 02 and ending with Breakfast on Day 03
- 01 night in Amaya Lake Hotel, Dambulla -4*
- 01 night in Amaya Hills Hotel, Kandy -4*
- Cost based on 02 pax
- Arrival, departure transfers and the tour as per the itinerary in an air-conditioned vehicle accompanied with an English speaking chauffeur guide.
- Passenger Insurance (Vehicle)
- Dinner & Lunch cost.
- Peak period supplements
- Entrance cost
- International airfare, airport tax or any kind of insurance cover other than what is stated.
- Items of personal nature like drinks, laundry, telephone calls, tips, etc.
- Any other Sites not mentioned in the itinerary
- Visa fees to Sri Lanka
May - 11/05/2019 || 14/05/2019 || 28/05/2019 || 31/05/2019
June - 08/06/2019 || 11/06/2019 || 20/06/2019 || 26/06/2019
July - 02/07/2019 || 16/07/2019 || 20/07/2019 || 28/07/2019
August - 08/08/2019 || 16/08/2019 || 22/08/2019 || 29/08/2019
September - 04/09/2019 || 11/09/2019 || 17/09/2019 || 26/09/2019
October - 01/10/2019 || 15/10/2019 || 22/10/2019 || 27/10/2019
- Valid only for Australian or other country passport holders
- Hotel check-in time: 14.00 hours and Hotel check out time: 11.00 hours.
- 'No Show’ will not be entitled to any refunds.
- Acceptance of these ‘Terms and Conditions’ is a requirement of your booking. Submission of booking is the acknowledgement that you have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these ‘Terms and Conditions’.
- In order to confirm your tour package, full payment is required upon confirmation.
- Credit Card payments require a 3.5% surcharge.
- Bank TT or Pay Pal (3.5% surcharge required) are accepted which is a common mode of payment
TOUR CANCELLATION POLICY:
|Cancellation Made Within (Number of Days)
|90 days or more before departure||Refundable|
|89 to 64 days before departure||25% Cancellation fee will be charged from the Invoice Value subject to the terms below|
|63 to 43 days before departure||50% Cancellation fee will be charged from the Invoice Value subject to the terms below|
|42 to 31 days before departure||75% Cancellation fee will be charged from the Invoice Value subject to the terms below|
|within 30 days of departure||Non-refundable
We look forward to helping you with your enquiry
You are enquiring about the Cultural Getaway.
If you have a general enquiry not relating to this tour, please use this contact form