DAY 01: COLOMBO – NUWARA ELIYA
Pick up from the Colombo & our representative will welcome you. Upon completion of arrival formalities check into the hotel in Nuwara Eliya.
- No breakfast & Dinner will be served on Day 01
- Gregory Lake
- Free time to walk around Gregory Lake
- Overnight stay in Nuwara Eliya
Lake Gregory, sometimes also called Gregory Lake or Gregory Reservoir, is a reservoir in heart of the tea country hill city, Nuwara Eliya, Sri Lanka. Lake Gregory was constructed during the period of BritishGovernor Sir William Gregory in 1873. The lake is also the landing location of amphibious aircraft belonging to the Sri Lankan Air Taxi service which provides scenic domestic flights in SriLanka. In addition, Colombo can be reached in a very short half hour by using the newly built highway, in case of a visitor needing to return to the capital immediately.
DAY 02: NUWARA ELIYA – ELLA - NUWARA ELIYA
After breakfast, excursion to Ella
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Nine arches bridges, Little Adam’s peak, Ravana waterfall
- Visit Nine arches bridges, climb Little Adam’s peak, Visit Ravana
- Overnight stay in Nuwara Eliya
Nine Arch Bridge is one of the many reasons for that. The glorious Nine Arch Bridge between Ella and Demodara station is one of the engineering marvels in the early 20th century.This bridge, which is almost 100 years old, has been built with blocks of stone and cement without any strengthening iron or concrete. The giant arches take the bridge on a curved path to link to mountains. The Bridge was commissioned in 1921 under the British Government.
Little Adams peak is the closest and easiest hike in Ella. You will get to the entrance in about 15 min walk from Ella town. Otherwise you can take the bus towards Passara or a tuk tuk. Some calls it Punchi Siri Pada, Small Adams Peak, and Little Adams Peak.It is 1141 m in height and from the entrance it takes up to 30-45 min for the hike. Views from the summit are incredible. 360 degrees panoramic views with clouds rolling in, is a treat to watch for any traveler.
Hill country of Sri Lanka is quite popular for beautiful waterfalls and Ravana Falls is right at the top.The falls are quite impressive, and you can climb over some of the rocks to get a closer look.It currently ranks as one of the widest falls in the country. This waterfall measures approximately 25 m (82 ft) in high and cascade from an oval-shaped concave rock outcrop. During the local wet season, the waterfall turns into what is said to resemble an areca flower with withering petals. But this is not the case in the dry season, where the flow of water reduces dramatically.
DAY 03: NUWARA ELIYA - COLOMBO
After breakfast, proceed to Colombo
- Breakfast at the Hotel
- Hakgala Botanical Garden, Sita Amman Kovil
- Visit Hakgala Botanical Garden, Sita Amman Kovil
Hakgala Botanical Garden is one of the five botanical gardens in Sri Lanka. The other four are Peradeniya Botanical Garden, Henarathgoda Botanical Garden, Mirijjawila Botanical Garden and Seetawaka Botanical Garden. It is the second largest garden in Sri Lanka. The garden is contiguous to Hakgala Strict Nature Reserve. There are over 10,000 species of flora planted here and during the Spring season in Nuwara Eliya thousands of visitors come to see the blooms here. Number of annual visitors are around 500,000. The garden is famous for number of species of Orchidsand Roses are planted there.
Seetha Amman Temple is located approximately 1 kilometre (0.62 mi) from Hakgala Botanical Garden and 5 kilometres (3.1 mi) from Nuwara Eliya. The temple is located in the village of Seetha Eliya (also known as Sita Eliya). This place is believed to be the site where Sita was held captive by (Vikram) king Ravana, and where she prayed daily for Rama to come and rescue her in the Hindu epic, Ramayana. On the rock face across the stream are circular depressions said to be the footprints of Lord Hanuman
Departure transfer to Colombo
AU$ 182.00 PP Sharing DBL/TWIN Rooms
- Accommodation 03 star hotels on Bed & Breakfast Basis starting with breakfast on Day 02 and ending with Breakfast on Day 03
- 02 nights in Nuwara Eliya
- Cost based on 02 pax
- Arrival, departure transfers and the tour as per the itinerary in an air conditioned vehicle accompanied with an English speaking driver guide.
- Passenger Insurance (Vehicle)
- Dinner & Lunch cost.
- Peak period supplements
- International air-fare, airport tax or any kind of insurance cover other than what is stated.
- Items of personal nature like drinks, laundry, telephone calls, tips, etc.
- Any other Sites not mentioned in the itinerary
- Visa fees to Sri Lanka.
- Valid only for Australian or other country passport holders
- Hotel check in time: 14.00 hours and Hotel check out time: 11.00 hours.
- ‘No Show’ will not be entitled to any refunds.
- Acceptance of these ‘Terms and Conditions’ is a requirement of your booking. Submission of a booking is your acknowledgement that you have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these ‘Terms and Conditions’.
- In order to confirm your tour package, full payment is required upon confirmation.
- Credit Card payments require a 3.5% surcharge.
- Bank TT or Pay Pal (3.5% surcharge required) are accepted which is a common mode of payment
Tour Cancellation Policy:
- 90 days or more before departure – LOSS OF DEPOSIT!
- 89 to 64 days before departure - 25% of Tour Cost
- 63 to 43 days before departure - 50% of Tour Cost
- 42 to 31 days before departure - 75% of Tour Cost
- Within 30 days of departure - 100% of Tour Cost
We look forward to helping you with your enquiry
You are enquiring about the Budget Package.
If you have a general enquiry not relating to this tour, please use this contact form