DAY 01: COLOMBO – JAFFNA
Pick up from the Colombo & our representative will welcome you. Upon completion of arrival formalities check into the hotel in Jaffna
- No breakfast & Dinner will be served on Day 01
- Overnight stay in Jaffna
DAY 02: JAFFNA – NAGADEEPA - JAFFNA
After breakfast, proceed to Nagadeepa
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Nagadeepa Temple, Jaffna city tour
- Boat ride to Nagadeepa Temple, sightseeing tour around Jaffna
- Overnight stay in Jaffna
Nagadeepa Purana Vihara is an ancient Buddhist temple situated in Jaffna district of Northern Province, Sri Lanka. It is among the country's sixteen or seventeen holiest Buddhist shrines (Solosmasthana). According to contemporary history, the Gautama Buddha visited the site after five years of attaining Enlightenment to settle the dispute between two warring Naga kings, Chulodara and Mahodara. Ancient history according to the Mahavamsa chronicles and the Tamil Buddhist epic Manimekalai mentions a gem-studded throne and a stone with the Buddha’s footprint at the island Nainativu, (also known as Nagadeepa) which pilgrims from India visited.
Afternoon city tour in Jaffna city tour. The city tour will include the Jaffna Public Library, Duraiappa Stadium, Jaffna Market, as well as the Jaffna Clock Tower
DAY 03: JAFFNA- COLOMBO
After breakfast, proceed to Colombo
- Breakfast at the Hotel
- Jaffna Peninsula, Nallur Kovil
- Visit Jaffna Peninsula, Visit Nallur Kovil
Jaffna Peninsula is an area in Northern Province, Sri Lanka. It is home to the capital city of the province, Jaffna and comprises much of the former land mass of the medieval Jaffna kingdom.Parts of Jaffna peninsula was historical divided into the three regions of Vadamarachchi, Thenmarachchi and Valikamam, which are today three sections of the Jaffna District
Nallur Kandaswamy Kovil is located nearly 2 km away from the Jaffna city center, by the Jaffna Point Pedro road. This temple is considered as the most prominent Hindu religious attraction in the Jaffna peninsula. The annual Nallur Kovil festival attracts thousands of devotee not only Sri Lanka, but also from rest of the world.
Departure transfer to Colombo
AU$ 360.00 PP Sharing DBL/TWIN Rooms
- Accommodation 04 star hotel on Bed & Breakfast Basis starting with Breakfast on Day 02 and ending with Breakfast on Day 03
- 02 nights in Jaffna
- Cost based on 02 pax
- Arrival, departure transfers and the tour as per the itinerary in an air conditioned vehicle accompanied with an English speaking driver guide.
- Passenger Insurance (Vehicle)
- Dinner & Lunch cost.
- Peak period supplements
- International air-fare, airport tax or any kind of insurance cover other than what is stated.
- Items of personal nature like drinks, laundry, telephone calls, tips, etc.
- Any other Sites not mentioned in the itinerary
- Visa fees to Sri Lanka.
- Valid only for Australian or other country passport holders
- Hotel check in time: 14.00 hours and Hotel check out time: 11.00 hours.
- ‘No Show’ will not be entitled to any refunds.
- Acceptance of these ‘Terms and Conditions’ is a requirement of your booking. Submission of a booking is your acknowledgement that you have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these ‘Terms and Conditions’.
- In order to confirm your tour package, full payment is required upon confirmation.
- Credit Card payments require a 3.5% surcharge.
- Bank TT or Pay Pal (3.5% surcharge required) are accepted which is a common mode of payment
Tour Cancellation Policy:
- 90 days or more before departure – LOSS OF DEPOSIT!
- 89 to 64 days before departure - 25% of Tour Cost
- 63 to 43 days before departure - 50% of Tour Cost
- 42 to 31 days before departure - 75% of Tour Cost
- Within 30 days of departure - 100% of Tour Cost
We look forward to helping you with your enquiry
You are enquiring about the Getaway to Jaffna.
If you have a general enquiry not relating to this tour, please use this contact form