DAY 01: COLOMBO – GIRITALE
Pick up from the Colombo & our representative will welcome you. Upon completion of arrival formalities check into the hotel in Giritale.
- No breakfast & Dinner will be served on Day 01
- Sigiriya Rock Fortress
- Climbing Sigiriya Rock Fortress
- Overnight stay in Giritale
The ultimate icon of Sri Lanka’s historic past, the giant rock fortress of Sigiriya arises high above the flat landscape, surrounded by jungle on all sides. A testimony to the inventiveness of the ancient civilizations of the land, the once impenetrable stronghold of King Kassapa, ‘Sihagiri’ or Lion’s Rock as it was called then, is considered to be the 8th wonder of the world today. The feats of artistry, architecture and engineering at Sigiriya continue to impress visitors with their utter magnificence, even thousands of years on. Intricately landscaped pleasure gardens sprawl out below the rock, giant lion paws hewn in stone mark the entrance to the fortress at its foot, a highly polished mirror wall still carries the scrawled writings of ancient poets
DAY 02: GIRITALE – MINNERIYA – DAMBULLA - KANDY
After breakfast, proceed to Kandy
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Minneriya National Park, Dambulla Cave Temple, Temple of Tooth
- Jeep safari to Minneriya National Park, Visit Dambulla Cave Temple, Visit Temple of Tooth
- Overnight stay in Kandy
The Minneriya National Park encompasses the ancient Minneriya Tank which was built in the 3rd century AD by King Mahasen. Today, the ancient reservoir fills during the North Eastern monsoon, but gradually shrinks as the dry season approaches. During this time herds of majestic Asian Elephants, sometimes over 300 in number, converge onto the receding shores of the Minneriya tank to forage on the surrounding greenery.
An icon of Sri Lanka, Dambulla Rock Cave Temple houses unique drawings in five magnificently constructed cave temples flanking the golden temple of Dambulla. See beautiful cave paintings along walls that shelter 150 statues of Lord Buddha. As you enter, look straight up to the gigantic Buddha statue glittering in gold
The cultural epicenter and the hill capital of the island, Kandy is Sri Lanka’s second city and home to the Temple of the Tooth - the country’s most important religious shrine, and the traditional pageant the Esala Perahera. Although modernity and urban sprawl has changed the face of this once quaint hill station, it still carries a regal atmosphere with graceful Kandyan style architecture mingling with colonial buildings set around a tranquil lake surrounded by green hills
DAY 03: KANDY – PINNAWELA - COLOMBO
After breakfast, proceed to Colombo
- Breakfast at the Hotel
- Kandy city tour, Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage
- Sightseeing tour around Kandy city & visit Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage
Pinnawela orphanage is placed in Rambukkana, northwest of the city Kegalla, halfway between Colombo and also the ancient royal residence Kandy within the hills of central Sri Lanka. It was established in 1975 by the Sri Lanka wildlife department. This twenty four acres massive elephant orphanage could be an also the breeding place for elephants. The very first elephant baby was born in 1984, and it's the best herd of elephants in captivity within the world. Between 1975 and 2012, sixty seven animals were born here. If you want to feed milk to the little baby elephants then you need to be there by 08:00am. Then you at 10:00 am and 14:00 you will can see them enjoying their morning and afternoon bath which lasts around 2hrs each.
Departure transfer to Colombo
AU$ 245.00 PP Sharing DBL/TWIN Rooms
- Accommodation 04 star hotels on Bed & Breakfast Basis starting with breakfast on Day 02 and ending with Breakfast on Day 03
- 01 night in Sigiriya & 01 night in Kandy
- Cost based on 02 pax
- Arrival, departure transfers and the tour as per the itinerary in an air conditioned vehicle accompanied with an English speaking driver guide.
- Passenger Insurance (Vehicle)
- Dinner & Lunch cost.
- Peak period supplements
- International air-fare, airport tax or any kind of insurance cover other than what is stated.
- Items of personal nature like drinks, laundry, telephone calls, tips, etc.
- Any other Sites not mentioned in the itinerary
- Visa fees to Sri Lanka
- Valid only for Australian or other country passport holders
- Hotel check in time: 14.00 hours and Hotel check out time: 11.00 hours.
- ‘No Show’ will not be entitled to any refunds.
- Acceptance of these ‘Terms and Conditions’ is a requirement of your booking. Submission of a booking is your acknowledgement that you have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these ‘Terms and Conditions’.
- In order to confirm your tour package, full payment is required upon confirmation.
- Credit Card payments require a 3.5% surcharge.
- Bank TT or Pay Pal (3.5% surcharge required) are accepted which is a common mode of payment
TOUR CANCELLATION POLICY:
- 90 days or more before departure – LOSS OF DEPOSIT!
- 89 to 64 days before departure - 25% of Tour Cost
- 63 to 43 days before departure - 50% of Tour Cost
- 42 to 31 days before departure - 75% of Tour Cost
- Within 30 days of departure - 100% of Tour Cost
We look forward to helping you with your enquiry
You are enquiring about the Weekend Getaway.
If you have a general enquiry not relating to this tour, please use this contact form