What better way to experience Sri Lanka pedaling to the open wind and road on two wheels.
For cycling enthusiasts or those who wish to view the beautiful island of Sri Lanka in a new light, this cycling tour offers a perfect opportunity!
Explore the coast of Negombo and witness colourful fishing boats, friendly people and beautiful landscapes. Leave to Dankotuwa, where you can embark on a morning cycle ride through small back roads and the stunning forest to the border of Kuliyapitiya. Ride alongside lakes and canals towards Sigiriya and enjoy a climb of the majestic rock fortress. Returning to the cycle ride, you can explore Polonnaruwa and follow through landscapes dotted with forests and villages, with around 30km on inner roads.
Tour includes the hire of your bike in the overall cost of the holiday. You don't need to bring your own or pay extra to hire one locally. We also provide a support vehicle, spare parts and take care of day to day bike maintenance. All you need bring is your own helmet.
Day 01: Airport - Negombo
On Arrival at Colombo International airport you will be welcomed by our representative / chauffer guide / national guide. Upon completion of arrival formalities leave for your chosen hotel at Negombo.
The primary resort town on the western coast of Sri Lanka, Negombo is highly sought after for its long stretches of golden, palm fringed beaches and the buzzing, cosmopolitan lifestyle of the town and of course, its close proximity to the airport at Katunayake. The economy of the town and the region is mainly based on tourism and its centuries-old fishing industry which continues to thrive today – making it a paradise for seafood lovers.
- Jetwing-Sea, Negombo
Day 02: Negombo
Morning, spend some time to relax and freshen up.
- Explore the coast of Negombo
- Jetwing-sea, Negombo
Late afternoon we take our first ride exploring the coast of Negombo with its colorful fishing boats and friendly people. A gentle introduction to Sri Lanka's beautiful landscapes, the ride covers some 10 kilometers before we head back to the hotel before dark.
Day 03: Negombo - Dambulla - Habarana
- Sigiriya, Dambulla Golden Cave Temple ($15pp)
- Morning cycle to Kuliyapitiya
- Chaaya Village, Habarana
After breakfast leave to Dankotuwa, where we begin our morning’s cycle ride through small back roads (15km) and lovely forest to the boarder of Kuliyapitiya. The Bus will pick you up from Kuliyapitiya and transfer you to Sigiriya which is a UNESCO world heritage site.
Upon arrival explore Dambulla Golden cave temple (AUS $ 15 per person) that has a great series of caves which hide an incredible collection of temples, Buddhist images and Hindu sculptures that date back to the 1st century BC.
Day 04: Habarana - Sigiriya - (Minneriya) Polonnaruwa
Early morning cycle ride alongside lakes and canals to Sigiriya.
- Early morning ride to Sigiriya, Sigiriya Climb ($43pp), Game drive to Minneriya National Park ($58pp), Ride to Polonnaruwa
- Girithale Hotel
Then time to climb Sigiriya (AUS $ 43 per person) - A UNESCO World Heritage Site. Sigiriya is the ‘Sky Fortress' of King Kassapa, whose 5th century ruins are one of the country's major archaeological attractions.
Returning to the base of Lion Rock, we drive (45mins) to Minneriya where we commence our second ride of the day. Upon arrival proceed on a game drive to Minneriya National Park (AUS $ 58 per person)
Back on our bikes we ride to the ancient city of Polonnaruwa. Our route follows through a landscape dotted with forests and villages, with around 30km on inner roads.
Day 05: Polonnaruwa
- Transfer to Polonnaruwa ($36pp), Exploration cycle of archaeological sites, Cycle to Parakkrama Lake
- Girithale Hotel
After breakfast transfer to Polonnaruwa (AUS $ 36 per person) site which is the 12th Century Kingdom of Sri Lanka where the city is still blessed with a number of ancient monuments. We spend this morning cycling around some of the area's major archaeological sites, before continuing on bike after lunch to explore the villages near Parakkrama Lake, one of the country's most impressive ancient reservoirs.
|Nr. of PAX||02|
Price Inclusive of:
- Accommodation 04 star hotels on Bed & Breakfast Basis starting with breakfast on Day 02 and ending with Breakfast on Day 14. Cost may change.
- Arrival, departure transfers and the tour as per the itinerary in an air conditioned Car accompanied with an English speaking licensed Chauffer guide.
- Cycling costs
- Passenger Insurance (Vehicle)
- Fuel, Parking & highway fees
- Complimentary SIM Card on arrival
- Garlands on arrival
- All currently applicable government taxes and service charges
- Cost of Entrance Tickets & Jeep hire charges to the sites visited in the itinerary.
- Lunch & Dinner cost
- Peak period supplements
- International air-fare, airport tax or any kind of insurance cover other than what is stated.
- Items of personal nature like drinks, laundry, telephone calls, tips, etc.
- Any other Sites not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any other item not specifically mentioned above in ‘PRICE INCLUSIONS’.
- Visa fees to Sri Lanka.
- Hotel check-in time: 1400 h, Hotel check-out time: 1100 h.
- ‘No Show’ will not be entitled to any refunds.
- Acceptance of these ‘Terms and Conditions’ is a requirement of your booking. Submission of a booking is your acknowledgement that you have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these ‘Terms and Conditions’.
- In order to confirm your tour package, full payment is required upon confirmation.
- Credit Card payments require a 3.5% surcharge.
- Bank TT or Pay Pal (3.5% surcharge required) are accepted which is a common mode of payment
Tour Cancellation Policy:
- 90 days or more before departure – LOSS OF DEPOSIT!
- 89 to 64 days before departure - 25% of Tour Cost
- 63 to 43 days before departure - 50% of Tour Cost
- 42 to 31 days before departure - 75% of Tour Cost
- Within 30 days of departure - 100% of Tour Cost
We look forward to helping you with your enquiry
You are enquiring about the Cycling Tour.
If you have a general enquiry not relating to this tour, please use this contact form