Explore the Northern region of Sri Lanka and its unique culture by travelling through the diverse city of Jaffna.
This northern city has evolved and transitioned into a sprawling hub that is home to many attractions, from the Jaffna Clock tower, Duraiappa Stadium and the Jaffna Market, to the fishing hubs and museums – this tour offers a rich cultural experience for everyone! Behold the ancient Nagadeepa Vihara, where legend has it that the Gautama Buddha visited the site after five years of attaining Enlightenment to settle the dispute between two warring Naga kings. Enjoy the fine beaches of the eastern coast in Trincomalee and experience the wonder of the Sigiriya Rock Fortress – a unique adventure awaits you!
This tour includes 7 nights/8 days accommodation, 7 meals including daily buffet breakfast, transport in air-conditioned vehicles, English-speaking Tour guides and more.
- Best time period to experience - Throughout the year
Day 01: Airport - Negombo
- Jetwing Sea - Negombo
On Arrival at Colombo International airport, our representative/chauffer guide/national guide will welcome you. Upon completion of arrival formalities, you may leave for your chosen hotel at Negombo.
Day 02: Negombo - Anuradhapura
After breakfast you may leave for your chosen hotel at Anuradhapura. This evening we visit ancient archeological sites in Anuradhapura (AUS $ 36 per person) which belongs to 1st Century BC till 3rd Century AD.
- Visit ancient archeological sites in Anuradhapura ($36pp)
- Rajarata Hotel, Anuradhapura
The ancient capital of Anuradhapura reigned supreme for over a millennium as one of the greatest monastic cities of the ancient world famed for Buddhist culture and architectural achievements across Asia and Europe. Ruled by 113 successive kings and 4 queens, Anuradhapura was a majestic sprawl of magnificent palaces, ornate pleasure gardens, exquisite sculptures, and vast Buddhist temples. The three main ‘dagabas’ are amongst the biggest architectural creations of the ancient world smaller in size only to the Pyramids of Giza.
Day 03: Anuradhapura - Jaffna
Proceed to Jaffna and check into the hotel.
- Public Library, Duraiappa Stadium, Jaffna Market, Jaffna Clock Tower, Dutch Fort
- Tour of Jaffna
- Jetwing - Jaffna
Proceed on a city tour in Jaffna. The city tour will include Jaffna Public Library, Duraiappa Stadium, Jaffna Market, Jaffna clock tower, Dutch Fort, famous Library, and Fishing Hubs & Museum.
Jaffna town-After the independence from Britain in 1948, Jaffna town was ranked as the second largest town next to Colombo. Due to the three decades old civil war, the town was torn apart and now in the process of emerging as phoenix. Jaffna is the cultural capital of Tamils in Sri Lanka and the unique features are needed to be witnessed.
Dutch fort-Even though It’s called as the Dutch fort, it has more than, 2,000 years old history as archeologists recently have unearthed 2,000 years old Chinese clay pots and 1,500 years old Romanian coins in order to prove the ancient history. Despite the fact that this 22 acres fort badly affected by the bombing, for certain extent it has been renovated.
Famous Library-It’s a pity this world famous library was burnt by the hooligans in the early eighties with more than 97,000 books and manuscripts but tries to provide the esteemed services once again to the needy in the region after it had been reconstructed.
Fishing hubs-Jaffna’s sea food is very delicious as 99% of the catch is pure natural. Mesmerizing crabs, scrumptious prawns, and luscious cuttlefish, delectable lobsters etc are exported to many western countries due to the renowned trade mark. The splendid Christian tradition and local cultural touch can be witnessed in the construction of the Catholic and other branches of churches which can be seen in the close vicinity.
Old Park-Once used by the British in the past for several administrative purpose and recreation needs now serving as one of the relaxing area for the Jaffna populace.
Museum-A small museum in the heart of Jaffna encloses sufficient relics, used utensils, manuscripts, unearthed archeological pieces etc to illustrate the rich culture of Jaffna in spite of limited modern resources.
Day 04: Jaffna - Nagadeepa - Jaffna
- Proceed to Nagadeepa Temple. ($28 per Boat up to maximum 06 pax)
- Jetwing - Jaffna
Proceed to Nagadeepa Temple. (AUS $ 28 per Boat up to maximum 06 pax)
Nagadeepa Purana Vihara is an ancient Buddhist temple situated in Jaffna District of Northern Province, Sri Lanka. It is among the country's sixteen or sixteen holiest Buddhist shrines (Solosmasthana). According to contemporary history, the Gautama Buddha visited the site after five years of attaining Enlightenment to settle the dispute between two warring Naga kings, Chulodara and Mahodara.
Ancient history according to the Mahavamsa chronicles and the Tamil Buddhist epic Manimekalai, mentions a gem-studded throne and a stone with the Buddha’s footprint at the island Nainativu, (also known as Nagadeepa) which pilgrims from India visited.
Day 05: Jaffna - Karainagar - Jaffna
- Casuarina Beach
- Explore Nallur Hindu Kovil
- Jetwing - Jaffna
Proceed to Karainagar. Enjoy the best beach in Jaffna Peninsula, Casuarina Beach. On your way back short stopover to explore Nallur Hindu Kovil.
Casuarina Beach is in Karainagar, Jaffna District, Sri Lanka, about 20 kilometers from Jaffna. Casuarina Beach in Karainagar is also called and written as Casoorina, Cashoorina and a few other similar names. This is considered to be the best beach in Jaffna Peninsula with white sand.The beach got its name due the casuarina trees along the beach. The beach lies about 20 km off Jaffna and may take about 45 minutes to travel by a vehicle.
Nallur temple-It’s almost impossible to explain the art and culture of Jaffna without mentioning sculpture and beauty of Nallur temple that has more than 500 years history. The most spectacular cultural and religious place in Jaffna is Nallur temple and this is a must visit destination for a traveler in north and still attracts thousands of locals daily.
|Nr. of PAX||02|
Price inclusive of:
- Accommodation 04 star hotels on Bed & Breakfast Basis starting with breakfast on Day 02 and ending with Breakfast on Day 08. Cost may change.
- Arrival, departure transfers and the tour as per the itinerary in an air conditioned Car accompanied with an English speaking licensed Chauffer guide.
- Service of a professional Fishing Guide
- Wages of Boatman
- Cost of Boat/Catamaran hire charges
- Including use of fishing gear and safety jackets on the boat
- Passenger Insurance (Vehicle)
- Fuel, Parking & highway fees Complimentary SIM Card on arrival Garlands on arrival
- All currently applicable government taxes and service charges
- Cost of Entrance Tickets & Jeep/boat hire charges to the sites visited in the itinerary
- Peak period supplements
- Lunch & Dinner cost
- International air-fare, airport tax or any kind of insurance cover other than what is stated.
- Items of personal nature like drinks, laundry, telephone calls, tips, etc.
- Any other Sites not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any other item not specifically mentioned above in ‘PRICE INCLUSIONS’.
- Visa fees to Sri Lanka
- Hotel check-in time: 1400 h, Hotel check-out time: 1100 h.
- ‘No Show’ will not be entitled to any refunds.
- Acceptance of these ‘Terms and Conditions’ is a requirement of your booking. Submission of a booking is your acknowledgement that you have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these ‘Terms and Conditions’.
- In order to confirm your tour package, full payment is required upon confirmation.
- Credit Card payments require a 3.5% surcharge.
- Bank TT or Pay Pal (3.5% surcharge required) are accepted which is a common mode of payment
Tour cancellation policy:
- 90 days or more before departure – LOSS OF DEPOSIT!
- 89 to 64 days before departure - 25% of Tour Cost
- 63 to 43 days before departure - 50% of Tour Cost
- 42 to 31 days before departure - 75% of Tour Cost
- Within 30 days of departure - 100% of Tour Cost
We look forward to helping you with your enquiry
You are enquiring about the Jaffna Tour.
If you have a general enquiry not relating to this tour, please use this contact form