per person twin/dbl sharing on BB Basis
7 Nights/ 8 Days tour
Airport – Negombo
On Arrival at Bandaranayke International airport you will be welcomed by our destination specialist who will guide you to the Hotel in Negombo
Overnight stay in Negombo – Amagi Aria Hotel – Deluxe room
Negombo – Pinnawela – Habarana - Sigiriya
After breakfast you will proceed to Sigiriya, on your way you will visit the famous Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage, while in the Orphanage you will be able to feed milk to the baby Elephants (09.30-11.00am) followed by river bathing. - OPTIONAL AUD 20 per person
Pinnawela-Begun in 1972, the Elephant Orphanage at Pinnawela is a remarkable project created to protect abandoned or orphaned wild elephants who would not otherwise have survived in the wild. Relocated to the present size in 1975, today it has grown to become one of Sri Lanka’s key attractions. The elephants roam free within the sanctuary – and the highlight of their (and the visitors’) day is the feeding sessions and when they are led down to the river for a bath. From the banks of the river you can watch these gleeful herds of elephants splashing around freely on the river.
Continue towards Hiriwaduna to discover Village tour. Authentic Sri Lankan Lunch will be provided - OPTIONAL AUD 18 per person
Take a ride in a bullock cart swaying from side to side on an unpaved trail, enjoy a nature walk through a scrub jungle, and wade through a local stream with low hanging branches and cross a lake in an ‘oruwa’, the traditional mode of over water transport. Spend time with a farmer harvesting crops under his guidance and taste authentic village cuisine prepared by the farmer’s family with freshly picked produce and local herbs cooked in clay pots over an open hearth fueled by firewood you are welcome to participate in the cooking process.
Arrival & check in to the hotel
Overnight stay in Kaveri Resort & Spa – Standard room - http://kaveriresorts.com/
Sigiriya – Minneriya - Sigiriya
Breakfast at the Hotel
In the morning you will climb the “Sigiriya” the Lion Rock a UNESCO world heritage site, the unique icon of Sri Lanka. A testimony to the inventiveness of the ancient civilisations of the land, the once impenetrable stronghold of King Kassapa, ‘Sihagiri’ or Lion’s Rock as it was called then, is considered to be the 8th wonder of the world today. The feats of artistry, architecture and engineering at Sigiriya continue to impress visitors with their utter magnificence, even thousands of years on. Intricately landscaped pleasure gardens sprawl out below the rock, giant lion paws hewn in stone mark the entrance to the fortress at its foot, a highly polished mirror wall still carries the scrawled writings of ancient poets. A somewhat treacherous climb up the rock is well worth it to see the impressive ruins of a once glorious city at the summit – 370m high. And the 360-degree view from the top is equally astounding. - OPTIONAL AUD 49 per person
Lunch at local restaurant (at own expense)
The evening safari takes you on an exclusive ride through the Minneriya National Park which is highly famous for its elephants and wildlife. Minneriya National Park is home to one of the most spectacular natural events in the world – the Elephant Gathering, sometimes you will see up to 300 majestic Asian elephants. Visitors can also look forward to sighting of other mammals such as Sambar, and Sri Lanka’s two endemic species of monkey, the Purple-faced leaf monkey and Toque Macaque. Although rare, there have been sightings of the Sri Lankan Leopard and Sloth Bear as well as the Gray Slender Loris. The Minneriya National Park is also an ideal location for bird watchers as it attracts many endemic and migrant species. Large flocks of birds are a common sight, especially water birds such as Cormorants, Pelicans, Painted Stork and Lesser Adjutant Stork. - OPTIONAL AUD 60 per person with jeep safari
Return to the hotel
Overnight stay in Kaveri Resort & Spa – Standard room - http://kaveriresorts.com/
Sigiriya- Dambulla – Matale - Kandy
After breakfast you will proceed to Kandy visiting the famous Dambulla Rock Temple, also known as the Dambulla Cave Temple, it is rich in history and cultural heritage. Standing approximately 100m high, the approach to the entrance of the caves entails climbing up the face of the rock, although stone steps have now been cut to make the climb easier. Whilst climbing to the entrance of caves, take time to stop and enjoy the view of the surrounding area, which is truly breathtaking. - OPTIONAL AUD 15 per person
On the way to Kandy you can visit a spice Garden in Matale, you can also enjoy a Head massage. There are shops where you can purchase different spices of Sri Lanka.
Lunch at local restaurant (at your own expense)
Afternoon visit the Silk factory & Gem Museum in Kandy. Kandy is famous for precious gems where you can purchase the world famous Ceylon Blue Sapphire.
In the evening visit the sacred Temple of the sacred tooth relic. Just north of the lake, the golden-roofed Temple of the Sacred Tooth Houses Sri Lanka’s most important Buddhist relic – a tooth of the Buddha. During puja (offerings or prayers), the heavily guarded room housing the tooth is open to devotees and tourists. However, you don’t actually see the tooth. It’s kept in a gold casket shaped like a dagoba (stupa), which contains a series of six dagoba caskets of diminishing size. The entire temple complex covers a large area, and as well as the main shrine there are numerous other temples and museums within the complex. - OPTIONAL AUD 15 per person
Overnight stay in Earl’s Regent Hotel – Deluxe room - https://www.aitkenspencehotels.com/regentkandy/
Kandy – Nuwara Eliya
Breakfast at the hotel
Thereafter proceed to Nuwara Eliya.
On the way visit the Tea Factory Plantation to witness the process how the world famous Ceylon Tea is being made.
Hidden away high in the central mountains at an altitude of over 6000 feet, Nuwara Eliya is the resort capital of the hills – and a world away from the hot tropical beach atmosphere of the coast, not just in climate but in its character too. The British planters who flocked to the region to grow tea in the mid-19th century developed Nuwara Eliya as their summer retreat. Created as an exact replica of an English town it is often called ‘Little England’; and with its primarily colonial architecture, the stately Victoria Park, golf course, racing track, boating lake and grand period style hotels – and the cold, frequent showers of rain adding to the illusion, you could well be in an old English country town. This is the heart of the tea country, and is also a good base for excursions to discover other attractions of the hills.
Evening free time to walk around Gregory Lake.
Overnight stay in Cotswold Stone Cottage - Standard room http://littleenglandcottages.com/
- Accommodation on Bed & Breakfast Basis starting with Breakfast on Day 02 and ending with Breakfast on Day 08.
- Transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle including sightseeing as per the program with arrival and departure transfers with services of English speaking Driver Guide.
- Visit Matale Spice Garden, Complimentary Head Massage, Sightseeing tour around Nuwara Eliya including visit of Tea Factory, Visit Turtle Hatchery
- Passenger Insurance (Vehicle)
- Fuel, Parking
- All currently applicable government taxes and service charges.
- Tips, recommended tips AUD 10.00 per day per person.
- Dinner, Lunch and beverage cost.
- Perehara supplement
- Entrance fees mentioned as OPTIONAL
- Airport tax or any kind of insurance cover other than what is stated.
- Items of personal nature like drinks, laundry, telephone calls, etc.
- Any other item not specifically mentioned above in ‘PRICE INCLUSIONS’.
- Visa fees to Sri Lanka.
- In order to confirm your tour package, full payment is required upon confirmation.
- Credit Card payments require a 3.5% surcharge.
- Bank TT or Pay Pal (3.5% surcharge required) are accepted which is a common mode of payment
TOUR CANCELLATION POLICY :
- 90 days or more before departure - Refundable
- 89 to 64 days before departure - 25% Cancellation fee will be charged from the Invoice Value subject to the terms below
- 63 to 43 days before departure - 50% Cancellation fee will be charged from the Invoice Value subject to the terms below
- 42 to 31 days before departure - 75% Cancellation fee will be charged from the Invoice Value subject to the terms below
- within 30 days of departure - Non-refundable
- Hotel check in time: 14.00 hours and Hotel check out time: 11.00 hours.
- ‘No Show’ will not be entitled to any refunds.
- Acceptance of these ‘Terms and Conditions’ is a requirement of your booking.
- Submission of a booking is your acknowledgement that you have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these ‘Terms and Conditions’.
We look forward to helping you with your enquiry
You are enquiring about the Highlights of Sri Lanka (7 Nights/ 8 Days tour).
If you have a general enquiry not relating to this tour, please use this contact form