per person twin share
Enjoy unforgettable days experiencing the topographical, ecological and cultural diversity in this pearl-shaped island.
Truly a land like no other with endless bounds of nature. Sri Lanka’s vast variety of habitats include exquisite beaches, mist-shrouded mountains covered in forests of wind-stunted trees, highland grasslands, rolling tea plantations, virgin jungles, dramatic waterfalls, mangrove swamps, wetlands, rivers and several internationally recognized National Parks.
With its unusual and interesting fauna and flora, diverse climatic conditions, archeological and historical sites, colourful festivals and various other attractions, this island has something to suit almost any preference. Visit a rural village and enjoy local cuisine, stop for a photo at the scenic waterfalls while driving along misty hills, taste a cup of Ceylon tea, search for leopards and elephants on a safari, explore Colombo, Kandy, Galle and more. This tour includes 8 nights accommodation, 8 meals including daily buffet breakfast, transport in air-conditioned vehicles, English-speaking Tour Guides and more.
- Best time period to experience - Throughout the year
Day 01: Airport - Colombo
On Arrival at Colombo International airport you will be welcomed by our chauffer guide and thereafter check into the Hotel in Colombo.
Overnight stay at Colombo.
- Galadari Hotel - Colombo
Day 02: Colombo - Habarana
After breakfast, head towards Sigiriya, en route visit to the Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage. (AUS $ 28 per person)Evening, we climb the Sky fortress of Sri Lanka, Sigiriya (AUS $ 42 per person)
- Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage ($28pp), Climb Sigiriya ($42pp)
- Cinnamon Lodge Hotel
On route visit to the Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage. (AUS $ 28 per person)
Pinnawela-Begun in 1972, the Elephant Orphanage at Pinnawela is a remarkable project created to protect abandoned or orphaned wild elephants who would not otherwise have survived in the wild. Relocated to the present size in 1975, today it has grown to become one of Sri Lanka’s key attractions. The elephants roam free within the sanctuary – and the highlight of their (and the visitors’) day is the feeding sessions and when they are led down to the river for a bath. From the banks of the river you can watch these gleeful herds of elephants splashing around freely on the river.
Sigriya- The ultimate icon of Sri Lanka’s historic past, the giant rock fortress of Sigiriya arises high above the flat landscape, surrounded by jungle on all sides. Sigiriya is also considered to be the 8th wonder of the world today. The feats of artistry, architecture and engineering at Sigiriya continue to impress visitors with their utter magnificence, even thousands of years on. Intricately landscaped pleasure gardens sprawl out below the rock, giant lion paws hewn in stone mark the entrance to the fortress at its foot, a highly polished mirror wall still carries the scrawled writings of ancient poets.
Overnight stay at Habarana.
Day 03: Habarana - Dambulla - Kandy
After breakfast head towards Kandy. On the way, you can visit the Dambulla Cave Temple (AUS $ 14 per person) and a spice Garden in Matale
Evening Visit the scared Temple of the toot (AUS $ 14 per person), which houses the Scared Relic of Lord Buddha, following a visit to the Silk Factory and the Ceylon Tea Museum in Kandy.
- Temple of the Tooth
- Dambulla Cave Temple ($14pp), Royal Botanical Gardens ($14pp)
- Cinnamon Citadel Hotel
The cultural epicenter and the hill capital of the island, Kandy is Sri Lanka’s second city and home to the Temple of the Tooth - the country’s most important religious shrine, and the traditional pageant the Esala Perahera. The kingdom of Kandy was the last stronghold of the Sinhalese, clinging to its sovereignty long after the island had fallen to the Portuguese and Dutch and the English, preserving its own unique customs and culture until the very last.
Overnight stay in Kandy
Day 04: Kandy - Nuwara Eliya
After breakfast enjoy a cool walk in the Royal Botanical Gardens, Peradeniya. (AUS $ 14 per person)
Thereafter leave for Nuwara Eliya. On the way, visit the Tea Factory Planation to witness the manufacturing process of world famous Ceylon Tea.
- Tea Factory Plantation
- Jetwing St. Andrews Hotel
Hidden away high in the central mountains at an altitude of over 6000 feet, Nuwara Eliya is the resort capital of the hills. The British planters who flocked to the region to grow tea in the mid-19th century developed Nuwara Eliya as their summer retreat. Created as an exact replica of an English town it is often called ‘Little England’; and with its primarily colonial architecture, the stately Victoria Park, golf course, racing track, boating lake and grand period style hotels – and the cold, frequent showers of rain adding to the illusion, you could well be in an old English country town.
Overnight stay in Nuwara Eliya.
Day 05: Nuwara Eliya
After breakfast proceed on a short tour in Nuwara Eliya town including possible visits to the Fruit & Vegetable Market.
Enjoy the day at leisure.
- City tour of Nuwara Eliya
- Jetwing St. Andrews Hotel
Go on a city tour in Nuwara Eliya
Enjoy the eve at leisure.
Overnight stay in Nuwara Eliya.
|Nr. of PAX||02|
PRICE INCLUSIVE OF:
- Accommodation 04 star hotels on Bed & Breakfast Basis starting with breakfast on Day 02 and ending with Breakfast on Day 09. Cost may change.
- Arrival, departure transfers and the tour as per the itinerary in an air conditioned Car accompanied with an English speaking licensed Chauffer guide.
- Passenger Insurance (Vehicle)
- Fuel, Parking & highway fees
- Complimentary SIM Card on arrival
- Garlands on arrival
- All currently applicable government taxes and service charges
- Cost of Entrance Tickets & Jeep hire charges to the sites visited in the itinerary.
- Lunch & Dinner cost
- Peak period supplements
- International air-fare, airport tax or any kind of insurance cover other than what is stated.
- Items of personal nature like drinks, laundry, telephone calls, tips, etc.
- Any other Sites not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any other item not specifically mentioned above in ‘PRICE INCLUSIONS’.
- Visa fees to Sri Lanka.
- Hotel check-in time: 1400h, Hotel check-out time: 11.00 hours.
- ‘No Show’ will not be entitled to any refunds.
- Acceptance of these ‘Terms and Conditions’ is a requirement of your booking. Submission of a booking is your acknowledgement that you have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these ‘Terms and Conditions’.
- In order to confirm your tour package, full payment is required upon confirmation.
- Credit Card payments require a 3.5% surcharge.
- Bank TT or Pay Pal (3.5% surcharge required) are accepted which is a common mode of payment
Tour cancellation policy
- 90 days or more before departure – Loss of deposit
- 89 to 64 days before departure - 25% of Tour Cost
- 63 to 43 days before departure - 50% of Tour Cost
- 42 to 31 days before departure - 75% of Tour Cost
- Within 30 days of departure - 100% of Tour Cost
We look forward to helping you with your enquiry
You are enquiring about the Experience Sri Lanka tour.
If you have a general enquiry not relating to this tour, please use this contact form